Friday, September 21, 2012
♥ top toddler recipe #5: pizza balls ♥
1 16 oz pkg white or whole wheat pizza dough
3/4 cup broccoli florets, cooked & chopped*
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup pizza sauce
parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Bring pizza dough to room temperature and divide into 16 even pieces.
3. In a separate bowl combine the broccoli (or whatever addition you choose), mozzarella and pizza sauce.
4. Roll out each piece of dough into a round, about 3 inches wide, and place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture in the center.
5. Take the edges of the dough and bring them to the center, pinching along the edges to make sure they stick together, then roll into a ball.
6. Place the ball, sealed side down, in a greased pie plate and repeat these steps making the rest of the balls.
7. Brush each ball with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
* You can substitute the broccoli for any additions you desire.
Posted by elmi at 1:20 AM