Thursday, September 1, 2011
this must be one of the yummiest recipes i've found so far in my search for the best fat free or low fat dinner YET! my man's still riding the healthy dinner wave and i'm splashing along - not that i mind at all...
i couldn't find the fat free swiss cheese so i spend about an hour scratching through all the cheeses at our local shop and just took the one that had the least amount of fat content.
fat free and low cholesterol chiken cordon bleu
what you'll need...
♥4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
♥4 slices nonfat swiss cheese
♥4 slices smoked turkey ham
♥1/2 cup nonfat bread crumbs
♥1 egg white
♥1/4 skim milk
♥chicken broth in a spray bottle
what you'll do...
1. preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. pound the chicken breasts untill they are tender and flatened. place a slice of a cheese and one slice of a ham on one side of each pounded breast.
3. fold the other side over, press the edges together to seal and coat the chiken in bread crumbs.
4. in a small bowl, mix the milk, egg white and seasonings to taste.
5. dip the breaded chicken in the egg white mixture and dip again in the bread crumbs.
6. place the chicken on foil-covered cookie sheet and spray with broth.
7. bake for about 20 minutes.
when ready, take it out of the oven and get ready to serve. i like it with boiled sweet potato and steamed veggies like brocoli, cauliflower or carrots. you can have it with potatoes, mashed potatoes or rice.
Posted by elmi at 4:09 AM