Friday, September 21, 2012
♥ top toddler recipe #3: easy chicken nuggets ♥
1 pound chicken breasts, boneless & skinless cut into chunks
1/4 cup old fashioned oats (also known as 5 minute oats)
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
3. Place the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.
4. With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a “nugget” shape.
5. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.*
6. Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.**
* To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step #6.
** If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking.
Posted by elmi at 1:21 AM