Sunday, May 1, 2011
♥ ridiculously chocolately chocolate lava cup ♥
the love of my life has been going on about me making him one of his fav sweet desserts - chocolate fondant. so being the good wifey that i am (blush - teehee) i dove into my millions of food mags and found what looked like the perfect one. after reading the recipe, i could feel my veins clogging up from all the sweetness, but we had to mission forth and the perfect chocolate fondant had to be made!
i feel like i should add - if you're on a diet, considering going on a diet or even remotely feel like there might be any weight loss activities in the near future - this might not be the ideal recipe for you BUT should you make this and devour it like all of us did, it will change your life and add a lil more love to your heart.
chocolate lava cup:
makes 12 - takes 30 mins
what you'll need...
♥400g good quality dark chocolate
♥6 large eggs
♥4 large egg yolks
♥200g cake flour
♥12 blocks white chocolate
what you'll do...
1. preheat oven to 200C
2. melt the chocolate and butter together - the original recipe asked for double boiler, i did this in the microwave, much faster! stir constantly and let cool slightly once done
3. beat the eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy
4. gradually add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture - mixing well after each addition
5. slowly add the flour, a tablespoon at a time, stirring until smooth
6. lightly butter 12 medium-sized ramekins - pour mixture into the ramekins up to 3/4 full (i used cook and spray instead of butter and i also used tea cups instead of ramekins, it just adds a little something)
7. bury one block of white chocolate in each pot. bake until crisp on top, but gooey inside - about 12 to 14 minutes and serve immediately (with a scoop of ice cream)
8. prepare bed or couch for when you're done eating - you will need about an hour to just lay down and not move any part of your body!
Posted by elmi at 2:54 AM