i love experimenting with ingredients and mixing things up - if i had one cent for every time i stood with a recipe in my hands and said to my husband i'm sure if i just substitude this with that i'm sure it'll taste so much better, i would've been a very rich lil lady by now! i love good food, i love entertaining, i love cosmopolitans, i love eating out but most of all i LOVE my husband for putting up with all my failures and going to bed with nothing but a toastie! L♥VE YOU NEET!
Monday, July 25, 2011
♥ lemon meringue ♥
you'll unfortunately have to convert the ingredients in this one - will take a little longer, but sooooo worth it!
what you'll need... ♥1 can condensed milk ♥3 eggs separted ♥1/4 cup lemon juice ♥1 9 inch regular pie shell (storebought or home made) ♥1 teaspoon lemon zest ♥1/4 cup sugar ♥1 teaspoon vanilla
1. preheat oven to 375.
2. prick pie shell with fork on bottom and bake until light brown. remove from oven and let cool ten minutes.
what you'll do... for the filling:
1. separate eggs, placing whites in clean,small mixing bowl.
2. in medium bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yellows, lemon juice, and zest, until well blended and thickened (just a few minutes should do it as lemon juice "cooks" custard.)
3. pour lemon mixture into pie shell.
for the meringue:
1. with mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
2. add sugar and vanilla and beat until nice shiny stiff peaks form.
3. spread meringue over pie with spatula, pressing lightly and lifting to make nice peaks.